Monday, April 20, 2009

insomnia and gummy bears

So last night, I went to bed at 4h30, with the intention waking up at 6. I never heard the alarm clock. What woke me up was the neighbor's lawnmower.

Damn you insomnia.

espresso espresso espresso
storm storm storm
a storm is brewing

at 2AM last night, I jogged for around an hour on the treadmill, intending to jumpstart my diet which was supposed to commence today. i say "supposed to commence" because :

ma prof m'a donnée deux paquets de gummy bears. comment dit-on «gummy bears» en france ?
i got 2 packs of gummy bears from my french teacher.

so, diet will not commence today.
le sigh...

Ok, back to the question of comment appelle-t-on gummy bears en france.

upon googling, this is what i got :



Juust kidding...je vous plaisante.

so, after consulting mon amie parisienne, she says they just call it 'nounours,' the childish word for bears, or 'des Haribos' (the company is Haribo). officially, Haribo calls it 'ours d'or' (golden bears) but nobody really says that. so voilà, je suis un funny bear, un funny funny funny funny bear.

Update : I left my gummy bears in ze car. And zey melted into gooey poopy shit. :(

0 comments: