Thursday, January 7, 2010

On midnight deals and fried testicles

Guess what? The Baguio Athletic Bowl, which is part of my beloved home city's Burnham Park, which was designed by Daniel Burnham a century ago, is going to be 'leased' for 25 years to a Korean 'corporation.'

For how much?

100,00 PHP/month, with a miniscule rise every 5 years.

Let me convert that into dollars for you. My parents pay roughly 2000 USD monthly in mortgage, plus about 500 USD monthly on my mum's Rav4. Guess what? They can totally fucking rent the Athletic Bowl if they dropped the mortgage and the car loan.

And what do they get? 7 hectares of a track oval, a swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, and proximity to a lot more green space and, of course, the rest of Burnham Park.

So what do these almost-anonymous Koreans plan to do with all of this?
Build a hotel.
That's right.
A hotel.
An ugly ugly ugly hotel. Wth.
My friends who are studying architecture can design something better than the shit those Koreans are proposing.

I'm not bashing Korean architecture in any way (or Koreans in general, I love civilized Koreans who respect other cultures), but...take a look at this shit man.
http://www.i-baguio.com/mayor-council-okay-25-year-lease-of-athletic-bowl-to-koreans/4/

Fkkkkkk that. They're not building a hotel. They're building Korea Town.

Oh my country, my country...how did you manage to fry your balls and feed them to street dogs in just 3 decades?

0 comments: